In the effort to bring more structure to my writing - I am going to post my weekly intention here. This week I am going to focus on finding balance within all the change that is happening right now. There seems to be quite a few things in flux. While I was away there were some changes announced to one of the newspapers - not sure how much it will impact me, I expect I will hear today. There are a few things happening here on the home front. I am focusing on being grateful for what I have right now; I will not worry about the future. I will keep my goals at the forefront. The experience of being called home to see my father when he was fighting the fight of his life has made me gather more resolve. I shall be steadfast and single minded. My bullet journal is a tool that keeps me on track.
Monday, March 27, 2017
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Friday, March 24, 2017
1. Dad's amazing progress giving us all just a bit more time.
2. Blue skies on the drive back to Oliver.
3. My new essential oils diffuser.
4. Strong, hot, black coffee at the hospital.
5. No socks! Finally shed the wool socks!
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
So here we are. My dad is on life support in ICU. This happened so incredibly fast that my mind is still trying to make sense of it all. So many emotions and feelings. So many more things to say and write. This is new territory for me. I am ever grateful for all the words of encouragement and support; the prayers and good thoughts. Keep them coming.
Friday, March 3, 2017
- coloured markers - these along with the bullet journal ... so much joy in making a list
- solid sleep last night - I have been working hard at changing some habits - staying off my phone in the middle of the night ....going to bed just a tad bit earlier
- moved my computer / phone/ reconnected everything in another part of the office... my equipment is the biggest hodge podge with wires and cords everywhere... but managed to get it up and running on first attempt which was a huge relief
- established some new clients at work
- library books - love the fact that I can just order a book online and wait for it to show up. I have been working on my reading list for a month and books are starting to arrive.
Seriously happy it is Friday and the weekend is here. I am looking forward to our Friday night of homemade pizza and an ale or two... connecting with Mr. W and resetting the sails.
Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Freshly fallen snow - it is all in the attitude. The day promised to be mild so I knew it would not last and I forced myself to remember that there are so many winters where we never see snow so to just appreciate the season as a gift.
- Online community - I am so thankful for all the people I have connected with online - through my current course, through previous courses - through instagram and twitter. One of the best things about the internets is the connections you make with people.
- New postage stamps - I am participating in this letter writing project for the month of February. I have had to buy stamps and I am enjoying writing and posting letters and packages. I am using what I have and it feels good to send little missives of goodness out into the world.
- Connecting with an old friend from the past. Had coffee with Steph from BK.co and caught up on life... she is doing amazing with her business.. has the cutest beanies.... check it out.
- A borrowed coffee machine - our espresso machine is on the fritz.... this is incredibly disappointing. The first one we bought lasted 10 years. I replaced it with the same make and model but this one is incredibly finicky... I spend so much time cleaning the portafilter ...flushing it out... either the coffee is too fine.... or the seal is not working or the water pressure is off.... it just makes a huge mess and we can never get more than 2 shots... if we are lucky enough... so now we need to figure out what to do...in the meantime we need coffee so we are borrowing an ancient drip cofffee machine while we do our research.
Guys... I am posting this a day late. This week was a bit nuts... lots going on in the background. Friday
morning did not follow the plan and when the plan does not get followed... the whole day becomes scrambled. I did not get upset - but, rather really focused on being present for what was happening at the time. This is a bit of a challenge for me, but I am working on it. Happy Weekending.
Friday, February 17, 2017
- my parents who are both still living and the frequent conversations I get to have with them
- tulips - tulips are a sign that spring is coming ... the snow is melting and the days are milder
- film camera - I love my ol' canon ae-1. I have reloaded it with film and I am becoming much more diligent about using it again
- my found scarf
- washi tape - this is a crazy business
Oh my goodness people. It is Friday again. A short week due to the holiday on Monday but, a full week. My coaching classes were jam packed full of good learning. I have connected with someone who will help me with my website. I have a domain name secured. This all happened very quickly and I was DECISIVE.
Things are happening over here and it is exciting. Happy weekending.